Police Services

Accident Reports
To access an accident report, please mail in a self-addressed envelope with payment or respond directly to the Fairway Police Department. A fee of $5.00 will be charged. Every effort is made to have reports accessible within five to seven business days from the report date. However, there are many factors that can cause a delay. Please note that K.S.A. 45-230 prohibits the use of information contained in police reports for marketing purposes. Violators will be prosecuted.
Alarm Permits
In accordance with the Fairway Municipal Code Chapter 8 Article IV Division 2 Security Alarm Systems, homeowners/tenants with home alarm systems are required to register those alarm systems with the Fairway Police Department. This can be done by contacting the Police Department at (913) 262-2364 during normal business hours. You will be asked to complete an alarm permit application. There is a one-time $10 registration fee required at the time of application. Completed applications can be sent, along with the $10 registration fee, to the Police Department at 5252 Belinder, Fairway, KS 66205. You will then receive an alarm permit. This adhesive sticker should be placed in a prominent location near the front entrance or front window so a responding officer can note the registration number. 
Officers responding to a home alarm will leave an "alarm notification form" that indicates the date and time of the alarm. Please contact the Fairway Police Department should you have any questions about this process or any alarm related correspondence you receive from us.


Barricade Requests & Block Parties

Block parties are a great way to meet your neighbors and discuss issues of relevance to the neighborhood. Members of the Police and Fire Departments, as well as other City Personnel, are available to speak and answer questions at block parties on request. The City will also provide traffic barricades to close the block traffic. To make arrangements for a block party, please fill out the Block Party Information Form. This information MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST FIVE (5) WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT. 

Block Party Barricade Instructions

  • The City of Fairway Public Works will deliver barricades to the address provided on your applications between 7:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on the last business day immediately prior to the event.  Request for barricades must be made at least five business days prior to the event.
  • The block party representative is responsible for setting up and removing the barricades from each end of the block.
  • Barricades may be placed on the street no earlier than one (1) hour before the party is scheduled to begin.
  • Barricades should be removed from the street no later than one (1) hour after the party is scheduled to end. IMPORTANT : THE ROADWAY MUST BE RE-OPENED BEFORE NIGHTFALL.
  • The City of Fairway will collect the barricades from the same location they were delivered to on the first business day following the event.

Comment & Complaint Form
If you feel you need to make a complaint about the arrest, the officer, or how you were treated, you can call and speak the Patrol Commander at 913-262-2364. You can file a formal written complaint bit filling out complaint form below and returning it to the Fairway Police Department, 5252 Belinder, Fairway, KS  66205. 
Criminal History Check
The Fairway Police Department does not perform criminal history checks for the public. In order to obtain a statewide or national criminal history check you would need to contact the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
Discovery Requests
A discovery request is solely for a defendant, or their attorney being charged with a crime or traffic violation in the Fairway Municipal Court. If you are wanting records for any other reason, scroll down to the Open Records Request section of this page. If you are a defendant or an attorney for a defendant being charged with a crime in Johnson County District Court, please contact the district court for discovery.
Discovery may be mailed in to 5252 Belinder, Fairway, Kansas, faxed in at 913-262-1881, or emailed to jbaum@fairwaykansas.org. If you do not receive a response within three business days, please reach back out.
Fee Schedule
Alarm Permit: $10.00
Copies of CD's / DVD's: $25.00 per disc
Copies of Photos:1 exposure is $5.00, 4 exposures is $10.00
Copies of Police reports: $5.00 (no charge for Fairway residents)
Solicitor's Permit: $50.00 per solicitor

The Fairway Police Department is accepting fingerprint appointments at this time. These appointments are only scheduled for Mondays. Please click here to sign up for an appointment. If you do not make an appointment, you will not be fingerprinted.

Fairway Resident Fingerprints - $25.00 per card, cards may be provided.

Non-Fairway Resident Fingerprints - $35.00 per card, cards may be provided.

Online Sign Up Portal for Fingerprinting Appointments



Neighborhood Net

In today's world, footage is a crime solving tool, sometimes becoming the missing piece of a complex puzzle. The Neighborhood Net Community Camera Program is a voluntary sign-up system to better assist Fairway Police Officers in the investigation of crimes. Private citizens can submit their contact information and details of security cameras to formulate a confidential map of our city, only accessible by the Fairway Police Department. 


Any security cameras or doorbell video systems that record public areas of the city, such as streets, sidewalks, etc., can be signed up for the program. This program does NOT give Fairway Police Officers access to your security systems but provides address and contact information for quick contact and evidence collection. 


Registration is voluntary, and participants can withdrawal their participation at any time. Register


Non-Emergency Police Report 
(ex: accidents, auto burglary, identity theft, and thefts)

Non-emergency reports are to be submitted via the form (link below). The information will be sent to the Fairway Police Department. When an Officer is available you will be to contact via phone or e-mail. Please use this form so we can keep Officers available to respond to emergencies. Submitting this form alone is not a police report. To officially have a police report filed, you must be contacted by a Fairway Police Officer.

Click here to complete Non-Emergency Reporting Form.


Notify JOCO

Those who live or work in Johnson County can now sign up to receive important information about locations they care about through Notify JoCo, a free public notification system which will communicate emergency information through phone, text and email messages to members of the community.

Using contact information provided by users, Notify JoCo allows local governments and utilities to notify the public about issues affecting locations they identify. Emergency notifications will be sent in cases needing an immediate response, such as tornado warnings, evacuation notices and public health alerts.

To use the system residents should go to www.NotifyJoCo.org to register their personal contact preferences. They will be asked to provide their contact information. Users can then identify multiple locations they care about and choose which messages they would like to receive. Residents who do not have internet access may call (913)826-5555 to register their information. All information provided will be kept confidential and only used to contact citizens about emergencies and topics in which they have expressed interest.

When there is an event requiring a message to be sent, authorized county and city officials will identify the affected areas and send out the message through Notify JoCo via phone, e-mail, or text message.  The system has the ability to send out a minimum of 100,000 notifications per hour, allowing Notify JoCo to reach citizens immediately in emergency situations.


Open Records Request - Police

The completed Open Request Form is to be submitted to the Fairway Police Records Clerk. Please be as specific as possible in describing the records that you want. Include names, record titles, case numbers and dates or time frames. You are required to submit your request in writing along with a photo ID; a driver’s license will be ideal. Once received, you’ll be contacted with an estimate of cost to be paid in advance of pulling the record. Once paid, depending on the case age and additional cost to be paid if any, usually within three business days your record will be completed. Any excess payment, if any, will be refunded to you. Please give at least one week to process requests.
Email your request to jbaum@fairwaykansas.org or mail written request to:

Fairway Police Records Clerk
5252 Belinder
Fairway, Kansas 66205


Solicitor Permits
The City of Fairway's Municipal Code requires that all solicitors complete an application and be issued a permit to solicit within the city limits. There is a permit fee of $50 per solicitor, not per organization. Upon completion of the permit application and payment of the $50 permit fee, a background investigation is conducted, if the individual passes the background check a permit will be issued. The permit is a laminated photo ID that the solicitor is required to wear on their person at all times while soliciting within the city limits.

In accordance with the City's solicitation ordinance the Police Clerk will maintain a list of persons and their respective addresses within the City who wish to restrict visits to their property by peddlers, solicitors, and canvassers. Both a copy of the no visit list, as well as the City's solicitation ordinance is available by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.  

Each solicitor who obtains a permit to solicit within the City of Fairway will be given a copy of those persons who are registered on the "No Visit" list. If you are registered on the City's "No Visit" list and a solicitor attempts to make contact at your residence, please notify the police department by calling (913) 262-2364 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm; if it's after 5:00 p.m. please call the dispatcher at (913) 782-0720. 

Click here to view the Fairway Municipal Code - Solicitors, Canvassers, Peddlers, & Transient Merchants

Application for Solicitor Permit

To register on the City's "No Visit", click here.

No Visit List as of 10/17/2023


Temporary No Parking Policy
The Fairway Police Department strives to ensure emergency vehicles can safely navigate all roadways within the City. Residents hosting events that have the propensity to attract large numbers of vehicles are required to post "NO PARKING" signs on one side of the roadway to prevent attendees from parking on both sides of the street and preventing safe travel space for regular and emergency traffic. NO PARKING signs are available at the Fairway City Hall, 5240 Belinder, during normal business hours. Residents will be required to leave a fully refundable $3 per sign cash deposit. You will have 30 days after your event to return the signs and get your deposit back; after 30 days your deposit is forfeited. Contact any member of the Fairway Police Department to discuss this important traffic safety issue.
Vacation Home Checks

The Fairway Police Department offers a unique service to traveling residents. Known as a vacation house check, this program informs the Police Department of your scheduled absences. Officers increase the number of routine patrols in the area of your home and pay particular attention to your home, vehicles parked in the driveway, etc. Should you desire to participate in this program please complete the Vacation Home Check Form by clicking here.

Below are some other items to consider before you go on vacation or an extended business trip.

Vacation Pre-planning Checklist:
-- Set automatic timers on lights to give the impression somebody is home.
-- Stop the newspaper.
-- Stop the mail.
-- Unplug garage door openers and bolt the garage doors closed.
-- Lock the door leading from the garage into the house.
-- Place a 2X2 board on the floor to keep sliding patio doors from opening.
-- Ask a neighbor to park one of their cars in your driveway.
-- Set the alarm system.
-- Arrange for someone to shovel the walks and driveway should it snow.
-- Arrange for someone to mow the grass should it finally begin to grow.
-- Leave a key with a trusted friend or relative - have them check the house.
-- Contact the Fairway Police Department to check on the house.